Last weekend I was at a generic McDonald's off of a highway mid-day.
上个周末,一天中午的时候,我到高速公路服务区的一家麦当劳服务站吃饭。
My family and I were in the middle of a 6 hour drive back home
我和家人正驱车回家,车程有6个小时
and everyone was already in a bad mood.
每个人都有点疲乏烦躁
I was particularly down
我尤其心情低沉
because of some personal stuff that I have going on.
因为我正经历着一点个人的烦心事
As my dad was getting the food
我爸爸伸手去接过服务员递过来的食物
the bag ripped
没想到包装袋被扯破了
and most of our fries fell on the floor.
袋子里的薯条有一大半都掉到了地上
He cleaned them up
服务员立刻把地上清理干净了
and we split the fries that were left.
我们分吃了剩下的薯条
A few minutes later a guy walks up to us,
几分钟后,一个男人朝我们走过来
a casual looking guy.
他看上去是个性情随和的人
He handed my dad a bag with fries in it.
男人把一袋薯条交到父亲手中
He said,
他对我父亲说
"I saw you dropped your fries,
我看到你点的薯条都掉到地上了
figured you could use some more".
我想你可能会需要一些帮助
My dad mustered a thanks
爸爸吞吞吐吐的道了一声谢谢
as we were all in a bit of shock.
因为我们都有些怔住了
The man walked away
男人走远
and we were are all a bit confused.
我们仍感到有些疑惑
We shared a mutual look that said,
我们看着彼此,心照不宣
"Who knew your faith in humanity would be restored in a McDonald's?".
“谁会想到,当你对人性不再信任,竟会在麦当劳里被治愈”
That guy lifted all of our spirits
这个人让我们每个人的精神都振奋起来
and made the seemingly unbearable trip home manageable.
因为空着肚子而不堪忍受的回家之旅也变得可以接受了
Just through a small act of kindness,
只是一个小小的善举
a stranger made all of our days better.
陌生人就让我们的生活变得美好了起来
I know it wasn’t a huge deal
我知道这只是一件小事
but it really did mean a lot to me and my family.
但对于我和我的家人,它却意义重大
Those were the best fries I have ever eaten from a McDonald's.
那是我在麦当劳吃到过的最好的薯条
Thanks stranger:)
陌生人,谢谢你
At my school,
在我们学校
a random animal likes to show up occasionally.
时常会有一些无家可归的小动物现身
This time it was a stray cat.
这次,出现的是一只流浪猫
The school left it at first,
学校一开始没有管这只猫
and some people petted it and stuff.
有些学生会去抚弄猫咪
One day,
有一天
we had an assembly in which they said
我们开了一个大会,会上,学校领导说
anyone seen feeding the cat or petting it will get a detention.
如果哪个学生再去喂猫,或者摸猫,会受到留堂的处罚。
People started leaving the cat for a few days,
学生们开始连续几日都让猫咪自生自灭
and it started to die.
猫咪渐渐虚弱下去
This one man who works at out school as a security guard at the gate is the nicest man I've met.
有个男人,是我们学校的门卫,他是我见过的最好的人
He marched off to a supermarket near our school,
他径直去学校附近的超市
bought a bag of cat food and a bowl,
买了一袋猫粮和一只碗
and started feeding the cat.
然后开始给猫喂食
The man risked his job and only source of income,
这个男人很可能为此丢了饭碗,失去他唯一的经济来源
just to feed a tiny cat.
就为了给一只小小的猫咪喂食
It was one of the most heartwarming things I've ever seen.
这是我见过的最暖心的事情之一
It's always the little things in life.
让人暖心的,总是生活中的这些小事